ISO 50001 Energy Management System
With the rise in energy consumption costs and real pressure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, many organisations are prioritising effective energy management strategies. The reduction of overall energy use leads to lower emissions and also greater energy availability along with lower operating costs.
ISO 50001 is the International Standard for Energy Management. Introduced in June 2011, it provides organisations with a recognised framework for integrating energy performance into management practices. Requirements for an organisation to establish an energy policy are specified within the standard, along with setting objectives and an implementation plan. The standard can be easily integrated into existing ISO quality, environmental and health & safety (OHSAS) standards.
Benefits of an ISO 50001:
- Improved business performance and greater productivity
- Reduced energy costs
- Increased stakeholder confidence
- Assisting in meeting national and international energy reduction directives
- Implementation of energy management best practices
- A stepping stone to meeting current and future mandatory energy efficiency targets
Whatever business you are in, we will be happy to advise you on the most cost-effective route to ISO 50001 registration.